Why do we get a sore throat?
A sore throat is the feeling of an itch, pain or dryness in the throat, mostly because of swollen throat glands like tonsillitis & pharyngitis. Even though a sore throat is wished away it accounts for more than 13 million visits to a doctor’s office each year. It usually creates a sense of uneasiness while carrying out even the basic day-to-day activities.
Causes of a sore throat:
- Cold, flu, and other viral infections- 90% of the sore throats are caused by viruses like flu, common cold, influenza etc.
- Bacterial Infections- “Strep throat” is a common type of throat and tonsils infection that results from exposure to a strain of streptococcus bacteria. A study conducted by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed that strep throat accounts for 20–30% of sore throats in children and 5–15% in adults.
- Allergies- When the immune system reacts to the allergy triggers like pet dander, molds, dust and pollen, it can also cause sore
- Dryness- Dry indoor air can make the throat feel rough and scratchy. When one breathes through the mouth because of chronic nasal congestion, it can also cause a sore throat. This can also happen during the winters, when exposed to a heater for long hours.
- Irritants- Outdoor and indoor pollution caused due to tobacco smoke or chemicals can cause a chronic sore throat. Consumption of tobacco, alcohol and spicy foods can also irritate the throat.
- Weather changes: Sudden change in temperature and outside weather can make us sick & sore throat can be the first symptom.
- Muscle strain- One can strain muscles in one's throat by yelling, talking loudly or for long periods without rest.
Since there are so many different causes of sore throat, it would need all round treatment also, which can cover entire spectrum of sore throat causes.
Curkey offers a powerful herbal & ayurvedic treatment for sore throat and related ailments like cough and cold. Curkey contains the richness of curcumin, a well-known antioxidant and anti-inflammatory pigment which is primarily found in Turmeric. Curcumin is the substance that gives the turmeric most of its health benefits. Curcumin is a medicine to provide all-round action, it reduces throat pain, fights viral & bacterial infections & works as an immunity booster. Curkey provides quick relief from sore throat with power of 30X turmeric, as turmeric contains only 3% curcumin.
Buy your ayurvedic sore throat treatment online by clicking here.
Leave a comment